From Troy Howard <thowar...@gmail.com>
Subject [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Hackathon (5/13-/516)
Date Sun, 08 May 2011 20:29:55 GMT
All,

I'll be attending the Apache Retreat in Knockree next week (5/13-5/16). I
was thinking it would be fun to arrange a Lucene.Net Hackathon for the same
time frame. Even if you can't go to the event, we can hack together in a
distributed fashion. ;)

Hackathons are usually focused on particular features/tasks. Some
outstanding tasks are:

- Release 2.9.4
- Work on Sharpen/fully automated port (initial implementation)
- Luke.Net
- .Net idiomatic API (initial design)
- Improve website documentation, how tos, samples, etc
- Miscellaneous alternative framework support (Compact, Silverlight)
- ???

Does this sound like a fun idea? Got any other tasks we could try to tackle
that didn't occur to me as I typed up this email?

Even if no one else wants to get in on the Hackathon, I'll be working on
Lucene.Net all weekend, so which ones of these do you think is most
urgent/interesting?

Thanks,
Troy