From Amanuel Workneh <ma...@rotselleri.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Hackathon (5/13-/516)
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 08:04:03 GMT
On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:12 AM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:

> +1 to getting 2.9.4 ready to roll + the changes to the directory structure we have
> going

+1 for 2.9.4 and directory structure.
To make that happen, I'd like to know what needs to be done and in
what way I could be of any help. There are 10 open issues for 2.9.4,
and (apart from the Luke issues mentioned below) none of them makes me
feel that I can grab it and start coding.

> -Sharpen stuff - I haven't had time to get it really working (not to mention I don't
know
> eclipse from a hole in the ground). I haven't heard from Alex in a while, who I think
is
> the most knowledgeable on the subject.

Also most important to get closer to the java version.

> -.NET syntax.
+1, the API often feels quite awkward to use.

> That said, I think Luke is important. If we left with the idea of you could run Luke
in
> java just find, we could also just say use lucene/solr and the api provided, no need
> for the Lucene.Net project. (I know it's a bit different). That said, I don't think it's
top
> priority, but it would be nice to have a .net implimentation.

Agree, it would be nice to have.

> Sergey was working on a port of this in WPF - can he perhaps provide an update on
> what's going on with that? I think it was located at bit bucket at one point, and then
> lost track..

The WPF track was abandoned due to absent WPF support in mono. I
adopted code attached to LUCENET-391 by Pasha Bizhan and it is
continued on
https://github.com/mammo/LukeSharp (mirror at
https://bitbucket.org/mammo/lukesharp). Testing and reporting of
broken or missing features would be most appreciated.

I am not sure how to resolve the Luke legal sub-task LUCENET-397, is
it enough that Pasha has attached the code or is more paper work
required?

/amanuel