From Michael Herndon <mhern...@wickedsoftware.net>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] P4 Branch Searching using Lucene.Net
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 18:37:15 GMT
You might want to try indexing that identifies the permissions that is
related to a particular branch.   Then when a user searches, append what
they are allowed to see to part of the query.

e.g,
branch 1
   permission field: all,admin,user
branch 2
  permission field: user, admin
branch 3
  permission field: admin

append the current user's permission/role to the query on the server side
before sending it to search.

permission: user

then it should** only bring up results that have the role / permission user
in the results.
 ** depending on the type of search your using.

You also might want to see if others respond with a better approach or
reproach on this before trying to implement.