From Troy Howard <thowar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] var
Date Sat, 07 May 2011 09:06:17 GMT
Using var is wonderful and great. We'll hopefully do doing a lot of
refactoring in the near future. var makes refactoring easier.

I think we've committed fairly strongly to moving past 2.0 support. AFAIK
the current trunk won't build under 2.0 anyhow (or am I mistaken, DIGY used
HashSet<T> in a recent patch, which is 3.5 or higher, and all the solutions
I committed in the recent directory updates were VS2010, and all the csproj
files updated to target 4.0). So, I don't see any reason to maintain 2.0
compatibility... The 4.0 runtime offers so many benefits over previous
versions that, IMO, everyone who writes .NET apps should be working hard to
migrate forward to 4.0 if they aren't already there.

We can help the community along by giving them one more good reason to
switch to a better runtime.

Thanks,
Troy