From Lalitha siva jyothi V <vlalithasivajyo...@gmail.com>
Subject [Lucene.Net] Problem while creating index for the xml file
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 05:34:30 GMT
Dear Lucene team,

I would like to create index files for the below xml file using
Lucene.Net dll v2.9. I used the below code, but its not working.
Please guide me to create index files for the below xml file. Thanks
in advance

<NewsHistory>
    <News>
	<Story eid="34151">
	    <Stream>8742656</Stream>
	    <Identifier>KDILI00D9L36</Identifier>
	    <GroupIdentifier></GroupIdentifier>
	    <VersionType>ORIGINAL</VersionType>
	    <Action>ADD_1STPASS</Action>
	    <WireNumber>25</WireNumber>
	    <WireCode>BN</WireCode>
	    <Language>ENGLISH</Language>
	    <Time>20090115 13:30:00.000</Time>
	    <HotLevel>2</HotLevel>
	    <Headline>*U.S. INITIAL JOBLESS CLAIMS ROSE 54,000 TO 524,000
LAST WEEK</Headline>
	    <Type>PLAIN</Type>
	    <Text> China’s statistics bureau said it condemns leaks of
economic data and those responsible</Text>
	</Story>
	<Story eid="34151">
	    <Stream>8742656</Stream>
	    <Identifier>KDILI03T6SQU</Identifier>
	    <GroupIdentifier></GroupIdentifier>
	    <VersionType>ORIGINAL</VersionType>
	    <Action>ADD_1STPASS</Action>
	    <WireNumber>25</WireNumber>
	    <WireCode>BN</WireCode>
	    <Language>ENGLISH</Language>
	    <Time>20090115 13:30:00.000</Time>
	    <HotLevel>0</HotLevel>
	    <Headline>*U.S. INITIAL JOBLESS CLAIMS ROSE 54,000 TO 524,000
LAST WEEK</Headline>
	    <Type>PLAIN</Type>
	    <Text> China’s foreign-exchange reserves exceeded $3 trillion for
the first time</Text>
	</Story>
    </News>
<NewsHistory>

Code
===========
indexFileLocation = @"C:\Index";
Lucene.Net.Store.Directory dir =
FSDirectory.GetDirectory(indexFileLocation, true);

//create an analyzer to process the text
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Analyzer analyzer = new
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer();

IndexWriter indexWriter = new IndexWriter(indexFileLocation, new
StandardAnalyzer(), true);

TextReader txtReader = new StreamReader(@"C:\NewsMetaData.xml");

//create a document, add in a single field
Document doc = new Document();
Field fldContent = new Field("contents", txtReader, Field.TermVector.YES);

doc.Add(fldContent);

//write the document to the index
indexWriter.AddDocument(doc);

//optimize and close the writer