From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.NET 2.9.4g -- only usable with .NET 4.0 ?
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:10:28 GMT
Yes, we can use these classes after the work is finished. It will be easy
since I use a wrapper in SupportClass for Set and Dictionary.

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Jordan [mailto:robertj@gmx.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:46 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Lucene.Net] Lucene.NET 2.9.4g -- only usable with .NET 4.0 ?

On 27.04.2011 17:40, Amanuel Workneh wrote:
>> Am I correct that your trial code changes make this version of Lucene.NET
incompatible and un-buildable with any version of .NET prior to 4.0?

> As I understand it, 2.9.4g only replaces non-generic collections with
> generic ones. Generics was introduced in .NET Framework 2.0.
>
> Oh, sorry, I took a look at the code just to make sure. It does use
> SortedSet, a .NET 4 feature. It also uses HashSet, introduced in .NET
> 3.5.

We could get a copy of these classes from the Mono project:

4.0 collection classes:

https://github.com/mono/mono/tree/master/mcs/class/System/System.Collections
.Generic

3.5 collection classes:

https://github.com/mono/mono/tree/master/mcs/class/System.Core/System.Collec
tions.Generic

They are licensed under the MIT/X11 license, which should
be compatible with ASF's policy.

Robert