From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] Creating a ASF fork of Sharpen under a dOCL license
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 06:42:11 GMT

Stefan, how do you read their licensing:

http://www.db4o.com/about/company/legalpolicies/docl.aspx

By your reading is it possible to include this in our repo to keep everything together? or
would this have to be outside the ASF?

> From: geobmx540@hotmail.com
> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 23:33:21 -0700
> Subject: RE: [Lucene.Net] Creating a ASF fork of Sharpen under a dOCL license
>

> > > I haven't followed the discussion as to why you think a fork is
> > > necessary. Do you think they'd understand your reasons and agree the
> > > fork is a good idea?
> >

> Alex reached out to them. They said they are open to accepting patches, however their
repo and response times that Alex could see were extremely slow. Further, it's likely we will
want to do more Lucene Java -> .Net specific work that they might decide doesn't fit will
with their overall goals.

> I think at the end of the day, I feel (others maybe agree), that it's easier to just
fork it at the start than attempt to give them patches and worry about lag time or rejection.