From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [Lucene.Net] need some perl help
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2011 23:27:09 GMT

I added the fix to check if path is null - now of course when updating via the cms javascript
on hte site, the path is null, so the tagline gets set to the default of Lucene.Net.

Not quite sure how to trouble shoot this

> From: geobmx540@hotmail.com
> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 15:38:45 -0700
> Subject: [Lucene.Net] need some perl help
>

> Alright, any perl experts - I've been doing some binging and can't quite figure this
out..

> We have this function:
>

> sub basic {
> my %args = @_;
> my $filepath = "content$args{path}";
> read_text_file($filepath, \%args);
> $args{path} =~ s/\.mdtext$/\.html/;
> $args{breadcrumbs} = _breadcrumbs($args{path});
> $args{tagline} = _tagline($args{path});
> my $template_path = "templates/$args{template}";
> my $rendered = Dotiac::DTL->new($template_path)->render(\%args);
> return ($rendered, 'html', \%args);
> }
>
> and then following is part of _tagline:
>

> sub _tagline {
> my $file = basename($_);
>
> Occasionally, $_ is empty, which means basename($_) throws an error - specifically when
editing .mdtext files via the asf cms process. This obviously poses an issue when compiling.
I'm not sure how to account for this. Why would %args{path} be empty? I could just do a check
in _tagline to say if $_ is empty then $file = "", which would work, but I'm concerned about
why this is empty in the first place