From Michael Herndon <mhern...@wickedsoftware.net>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] ndepend license requirements - apache rules
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:50:40 GMT
Thanks for the links and reply Stefan. =)

Do you think we should pursue asking to clear with fundraising and as
a whole and go back to NDepend?  There seems to be mention of donation
of VMWare and other things at the end of the page.

a) Obviously we do not want to violate any rules or laws.
b) I would like to not go down the rabbit hole if this is what it
would turn into. (maybe that are some alternatives?)

Thoughts Stefan, anyone?

NCover didn't require this kind of thing. Though having reports on
cyclomatic complexity and such is generally a nice to have but not a
need.  It does help with identifying potential pain points.

(Not that my personal views are not the only ones, but it seems word
of mouth from people & developers would have been a more valuable
request than any kind of logo on a site.  Twitter, blog posts,
positive developer feedback on a personal level in general versus the
sponsored by stuff which anyone with enough cash can get put up.)

- Michael