From Michael Herndon <mhern...@wickedsoftware.net>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] irc chanel
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 20:09:08 GMT
The chat should never replace the list.  This is just another channel
of communication for people who may prefer it that might never us a
mailing list.

Its also a decent tool for pair programming and conversing on
off-topic stuff with people that you working beside without
convoluting the mailing list with personal or unrelated information.
nerd jokes. tech discussions. screen sharing. explicative deleteds of
frustration.

Or its for those who are just feeling isolated and could use some
real-time human interaction.

Anything that should be on the mailing list, in the cms, on a wiki
page, on twitter, or in a jira should be persuaded to find the right
medium to do so.

- Michael