From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Lucene.Net] irc chanel
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 21:05:24 GMT
On 2011-03-04, Michael Herndon wrote:

> Anything that should be on the mailing list, in the cms, on a wiki
> page, on twitter, or in a jira should be persuaded to find the right
> medium to do so.

That's fine, but as Digy already said IRC (or any synchronous medium
like a phone call, face to face meeting or IM) discriminates people
based on timezone, network connectivity or ability to travel.

There may be good uses for IRC like a quick question - I must admit I'm
no big fan of IRC myself - but in the end all discussions and in
particular all decisions have to be made on this mailing list.

Use what you feel is most appropriate for a given conversation but
please always report back here - and never make decisions anywhere else.

Stefan