From Alex Thompson <pierogi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Sharpen setup
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 00:35:25 GMT
I'm using Eclipse 3.4.2 (ganymede-SR2) for Java EE. You need a Java EE
edition to build plugins. I haven't tried the Helios versions.

The repository is SVN not CVS so you need an SVN plugin (regular windows
TortoiseSVN had some problems). I use Subclipse http://subclipse.tigris.org/
and that gives you the option new project -> from SVN

Then you can export as a Plug-in and put the resulting jars in the /plugins
folder under eclipse.

Next you checkout a version of java lucene (again with subclipse) and you
will need to setup the .project and .classpath files correctly. Here is a
copy of mine for reference:
.project
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<projectDescription>
	<name>lucene_3_0_3</name>
	<comment></comment>
	<projects>
	</projects>
	<buildSpec>
		<buildCommand>
			<name>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder</name>
			<arguments>
			</arguments>
		</buildCommand>
		<buildCommand>
			<name>sharpen.builder.sharpenBuilder</name>
			<arguments>
			</arguments>
		</buildCommand>
	</buildSpec>
	<natures>
		<nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>
		<nature>sharpen.builder.sharpenNature</nature>
	</natures>
</projectDescription>

.classpath
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
	<classpathentry kind="src" path="src/java"/>
	<classpathentry kind="src" path="src/demo"/>
	<classpathentry kind="src" path="src/test"/>
	<classpathentry kind="con"
path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"/>
	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/junit-3.8.2.jar"/>
	<classpathentry kind="lib" path="lib/servlet-api-2.4.jar"/>
	<classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
</classpath>

I use Ant to run sharpen and you can find my Ant scripts as well as the
patches I made for sharpen and preprocessing in my last uploaded package
here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-380

Alex