From Alex Thompson <pierogi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Umlauts as Char
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 02:59:09 GMT
What if you use the windows character map to paste in the actual character
you want?

buffer.charAt( c ) == 'ü';

-----Original Message-----
From: Prescott Nasser [mailto:geobmx540@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 5:55 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Umlauts as Char

Hey all,

So while digging into the code a bit (and pushed by digy's Arabic conversion
yesterday). I started looking at the various other languages we were missing
from java.

I started porting the GermanAnalyzer, but ran into an issue of the
Umlauts...

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/tags/lucene_2_9_4/contrib/analyzers
/common/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/de/GermanStemmer.java?revision=1
040993&view=co

in the void subsitute function you'll see them:

        else if ( buffer.charAt( c ) == 'ü' ) {
          buffer.setCharAt( c, 'u' );
        }

This does not constitue a character in .net (that I can figure out) and thus
it doesn't compile. The .java file says encoded in UTF-8. I was thinking
maybe I could do the same thing in VS2010, but I'm not finding a way, and
searching on this has been difficult.

Any ideas?

~Prescott