From Prescott Nasser <geobmx...@hotmail.com>
Subject FW: Umlauts as Char
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 05:08:37 GMT

Alex...thanks Alex. Sorry, not sure why Aaron was in my head.

~P

> From: geobmx540@hotmail.com
> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Umlauts as Char
> Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:06:55 -0800
>

> Stefan somewhat nailed it on the head. My concerns where the java characters - I can't
even search google or bing for them. So I can take the source codes word that 'ü' is the
u with dots over it (becuase it says replace umlauts in the source notes). But, I guess, is
that really true? Is that perhaps u with a carrot over it instead?

> I'm tempted to take the source at it's word and just replace them with the umlauts versions
(via character map -thanks Aaron), and then make some comment expressing what originally it
was in the java source.