From Troy Howard <thowar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.Net JIRA
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 06:14:17 GMT
I outlined a rough and rather arbitrary roadmap in the staging site
content with basic timeline. It was my intention to go back and create
the appropriate releases in JIRA, schedule them, create issues that
aren't in there yet, and assign everything to a specific release.

I agree with Prescott's assessment of the issues. Many of them are
fairly minor maintenance type tasks (update to VS2010, sign assembly,
make a binary release, reviewing and committing patches that are
already complete, etc.). So I think we could knock out a good majority
of it on the 2.9.2 release. I'd like to have that done by the end of
the month.

As for resource allocation/work assignment, we can just claim things
out of the issue tracker once we have them in there. There's been a
lot of folks who offered to contribute, so it'd be nice to get some of
them involved by taking on individual issues and posting patches.

Thanks,
Troy

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Prescott Nasser <geobmx540@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I took a look at them - they seem to fall into 3 categories:
>
> 1. things we need to go to get up to par (website update, releases, vs2010 upgrade, signing)
> 2. bug fixes - ideally these we fix
> 3. .Net specific things - these are part of our larger goal
>
> I think these all fall into the roadmap - perhaps a bit loosely at times, but I think
they all fall in.

> We should probably start talking about who might be working on what pieces so we know
where me might need to allocate resoures

> ~P

>> From: slombard@KINGINDUSTRIES.COM
>> To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
>> Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 00:44:02 -0500
>> Subject: Lucene.Net JIRA
>>
>> What is the best way to organize the JIRA? It seems to me that there are a lot of
great ideas in the 20 open action items. How do we fit them into the roadmap that was defined
incubation proposal?