From Troy Howard <thowar...@gmail.com>
Subject [Lucene.Net] Lucene.Net Tasks due by 2/28
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:32:03 GMT
All,

I've recently been updating JIRA a lot and that's causing a lot of
noise on the dev list. Also, because of that noise, I fear that some
of the more important details of those changes might be passing by
unnoticed.

Mostly, I'm trying to get the project cleaned up by the end of the
month. The goal is that March will represent a month of building out
our new infrastructure and creating our first new release as a team
(2.9.4). To that end, I'd like to resolve some of the outstanding
questions about tooling so we can get started building out solutions
with those tools. Also, I'd like to see our new status and efforts
announced publicly, but I'm hesitant to draw much attention to the
project until the website is updated.

Additionally, I'd like to take a moment to apologize a bit for moving
at such a rapid pace. I realize this is not sustainable and could
cause some people to feel alienated if they don't have the time or
energy right this second to match that pace. I also feel a bit
self-conscious and am concerned that I'm being a little to much 'me',
and perhaps not enough 'we'.

I have been taking a lot of liberty regarding the project direction,
bypassing some opportunities for community discussion and voting, in
the interests of pushing the project forward and catching up a bit of
lost time. Once we get past this initial push, I hope that we can slow
down a bit, and maintain a healthy forward-moving pace with plenty of
time allotted for discussion, group decision making and voting. The
Apache Way is the way this project will succeed and thrive, and that
requires all of us.

So, that said, the outstanding tasks, which we can hopefully complete
by next Monday are:

Troy Howard:
LUCENENET-381 - Official release of Lucene.Net 2.9.2

Sergey Mirvoda:
LUCENENET-398 - LUCENENET-391 Prepare the code for ingestion

Michael Herndon:
LUCENENET-400 - Evaluate tooling for continuous integration server

Prescott Nasser:
LUCENENET-379 - Clean up Lucene.Net website
LUCENENET-379 / LUCENENET-403 - Improve site layout and design
LUCENENET-379 / LUCENENET-402 - Update website to reflect current
status and information
LUCENENET-379 / LUCENENET-401 - Update website to be Apache CMS based

Alex Thompson:
LUCENENET-380 - Evaluate Sharpen as a port tool

Does anyone feel less than confident about being able to complete
those tasks on that schedule? Need any help? Want to change
assignments?

Anyone in the community want to get involved as a contributor on any
of these tasks (or any of the open tasks in JIRA that are not listed
here)? Sergey could probably use some help on Luke.Net. Prescott has a
lot of work cut out for him on the website. Perhaps we should get the
ball rolling on 2.9.4 task assignments for everyone else?

Thanks,
Troy