From Troy Howard <thowar...@gmail.com>
Subject [Lucene.Net] Re: Luke.Net
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:32:23 GMT
Stefan,

As a general question about process around accepting software
contributions, one thing I'm a little confused about: How does
accepting this contribution differ from a normal contribution? By that
I mean, suppose a developer contributed a significant patch to our
code, through the normal process or attaching a patch to a JIRA
ticket. My understanding is that they don't need to sign a CLA or
other legal paperwork to do that, as long as the committers who
ultimately apply the patch have those on file.

What are the criteria that determine when something needs additional
legal paperwork (like a grant/contributor CLA/etc)?

Thanks,
Troy