From Aaron Powell ...@aaron-powell.com>
Subject RE: Luke.Net
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:01:28 GMT
Yeah I'm actually quite lax about remembering to put license on my code. I've just thrown up
the MIT license on it.

I'll speak to my colleague, but I know I didn't work on it during work time

Aaron Powell
Umbraco Core Team Member | FunnelWeb Team Member

http://www.aaron-powell.com | http://twitter.com/slace | Skype: aaron.l.powell | MSN: aazzap@hotmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, 18 February 2011 10:50 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Luke.Net

On 2011-02-18, Troy Howard wrote:

> Sergey is already planning to include the Apache License header in the
> files when he imports them. Other than that, is there any legal
> process we need to go through to bring this code into the Lucene.Net
> fold?

Yes, absolutely.

First of all you can't change the license without Aaron's consent - and that of all other
people who have contributed to Luke.NET so far (I'm assuming it is just Aaron's colleague).
 I've just performed a cursory look right now and can't find any information about Luke.NET's
current license.

Second we'd need a software grant by Aaron and his colleague.
Alternatively Aaron and his colleague could sign ICLAs but for complete code imports a sofware
grant is preferred.  See <http://www.apache.org/licenses/>.  If the code was created
on company time Aaron may need to check with his employer and have the employer sign a SGA
or CCLA, but he'll know better than us.

Finally we'd have to follow the IP-Clearance process <http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html>
before the code can be imported.

Sorry if this sounds a bit like too much legal hassle, but this is the only way the ASF can
be sure it has all necessary rights to actually distribute the code.

Stefan