From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1072121 - /incubator/lucene.net/branches/vs2010/
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:26:29 GMT
Hi Prescott,

I think there is a misunderstanding about the release. In Apache way, a
release is a *signed* binary release(compiled version).

Lucene.Net.dll has no dependency to other binaries(unless you want to test
or use compression) and they will not be included in the release.

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Prescott Nasser [mailto:geobmx540@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:04 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Cc: sergey@mirvoda.com
Subject: RE: svn commit: r1072121 - /incubator/lucene.net/branches/vs2010/

> Perhaps that's Prescott's intention with the new vs2010 branch?

Yes that's the intention. I started to look at what Wyatt did
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-377. I think feel that it
works well as designed.

Question: Wyatt has included the nunit.dll's I know we had a conversation
before about this. But I think being able to pull down everything, open a
single solution which has test, contrib, src, as well as the required
dependancies would be a huge boon to getting people to work on this stuff.

Every change I need to make for 2.9.2-2.9.5 requires me to touch the tests.
it just makes sense from my perspective to have this all in the same
solution ready to roll.

Is this something people are open too having in the source control, or
something I should keep to my local? Also, I don't recall the legal stuff
behind including nunit.

Obviously a release would just be the src rolled up and packaged.