From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r1072121 - /incubator/lucene.net/branches/vs2010/
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 21:52:43 GMT
But I would prefer do the same thing on my own local copy and create a patch for trunk.

Thanks,
DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy Howard [mailto:thoward37@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 11:39 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Cc: Sergey Mirvoda
Subject: Re: svn commit: r1072121 - /incubator/lucene.net/branches/vs2010/

It's a common practice for developers to create a branch to work on a
new feature, then merge that branch back into trunk later when the
changes are complete, then delete the branch.

The goal is to ensure that incremental commits, performed now against
the branch instead of trunk, don't leave trunk in a incompatible,
unstable or un-buildable state.

Perhaps that's Prescott's intention with the new vs2010 branch?

Thanks,
Troy