From "Lombard, Scott" <slomb...@KINGINDUSTRIES.COM>
Subject RE: RE: Vote thread started on general@lucene.apache.org
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 19:45:30 GMT

>From everything that was said it seems apparent to me that the only way for Lucene.Net
to stay alive is to move back to incubation.  So where do we go from here?  More than 4 people
have said they are willing to be committers.  Is this email list the best place to start working
on a proposal, should it be done between a small group offline or is there a way that the
community can work on it together?

Thoughts?
Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Troy Howard [mailto:thoward37@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:22 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Cc: lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: RE: Vote thread started on general@lucene.apache.org

Marco,

I agree with you on this front. I feel that the first tasks that a new
Lucene.Net team should focus on, in terms of development are:

- Fully automating a line-by-line port using a tool such as Sharpen.
This needs to become a commodity function requiring very little
development effort
- Bring the existing forks back in as branches within the ASF project.
I am very interested in pursuing continued development on a more .NET
style port (i.e. the Lucere project I started or Aimee.Net

The Lucene.Net project should be able to continue with both
development paths in the same project.

Thanks,
Troy