From "Remacle, Yannik" <Yannik.Rema...@bvdinfo.com>
Subject a question regarding lucene.net 2.9.2 stability
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 13:09:10 GMT
Hello,

Back in May, we used Lucene.Net 2.9.2 to test the feasibility of a some internal project.
We were already using Lucene in Java in other projects, but wanted to try the C# port for
integration reasons. It performed very well on a repository of about 8 millions documents;
we didn’t encounter any serious issues. The project went dormant , so we didn’t use it
in our production environment, and we didn’t test it extensively, but it did seem to be
_very_ stable and fast.

Now, a few months later, when we were about to revive our project, I’m reading all those
threads regarding the future of Lucene.net, which seems, apparently, uncertain.

So, I was wondering, would you guys consider it a wise decision (or not) to use lucene.net
2.9.2? That is, hoping that 1) Lucene.Net 2.9.2 is stable enough, and 2) Lucene.Net has a
future?

Thanks,
Yannik