From Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET Community Status
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2010 19:14:31 GMT
I can't speak to many of the points as they are above my pay grade --
I'll let the lumaniries here deal with them. I can speak to a few of
the bullets:

2) Yes, searching for lucene.net on CodePlex does get one a number of
lucene related projects. But if someone is already searching for
"lucene.net", you've won that battle -- you want the people searching
for search solutions in .NET.

9) How the actual code of the project looks/feels/downloads from
source control is a bit more important IMHO. For someone not familiar
with the project, the first look at the source is pretty bleak. Yes,
the core project builds out of the box. But building the unit tests
requires tracking down a 2.0-friendly verison of NUnit, building the
Demo project -- once you figure out where Demo.dll comes from and
tracking down ICSharpZipLib just to get the tests to build. All this
after you figure out that the unit tests are in a separate solution
from the project itself, rendering tricks like debugging the unit
tests in an attempt to understand the internals much harder than they
need to be. We can make this a lot easier to work with without much
effort.

Looking forward to the action items . . .