From Wyatt Barnett <wyatt.barn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integrate Lucin Search
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:05:10 GMT
Lucene can search anything you feed to it. But it doesn't know how to eat
itself. So:

1) You need to load the data from the database and feed it to lucene in the
format you want it indexed in. Along with the searchable data, you need to
provide an identifier you can use to link back to whatever it is you are
trying to index.
2) You will need to write some code to grab the data from the "outside
links" and index it. The identifier in this case could be the url you are
indexing.

I'd recommend reading Lucene in Action (http://www.manning.com/hatcher3/) to
get an idea of how the library "thinks." The examples are in java, but the
concepts translate directly.