From Ryan Hoffman <rhoff...@tntp.org>
Subject RE: Porting Automation - Sharpen
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 06:10:54 GMT
Hey Guys,

I'm loving all the recent activity on the dev list.  I've been watching it for some time,
and I was also deeply disturbed seeing no posts.  This is my first message on the list :).

I see that you are evaluating Sharpen.  I was wondering if you've heard of IKVM, it's a Java
VM that runs on top of .NET/Mono and it also includes a tool which can be used to convert
java libraries/apps to .NET assemblies.  Check it out at: http://www.ikvm.net/.  If this works,
it promises to be a very reliable way to convert the official java distribution to .NET.

I will give this a shot soon and report back!

Ryan Hoffman
Software Architect
The New Teacher Project
www.tntp.org

Evaluation systems are broken - so how do we fix them? Teacher Evaluation 2.0 - http://tntp.org/eval2.0

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Powell [mailto:me@aaron-powell.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:25 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Porting Automation - Sharpen

Nice work Alex with getting the ball rolling.

I've decided to chuck the contents of that ZIP onto bitbucket (I hope you
don't mind) since it'll be easier to track the testing against it than
through an email. It's available here:
http://hg.slace.biz/lucene-via-sharpen
This is the raw package contents from Alex, I'll do some updates to it so
that it's not tied to Alex's setup and works more generically (unless
someone beats me to it) over the weekend

 <http://hg.slace.biz/lucene-via-sharpen>Note: This is NOT an attempt to
move away from ASF, it's just a way for us to test out how well Sharpen
performs as a tool for Java to .NET conversion, if it turns out to be a
viable option this will be rolled back to ASF. This is just a playground :)

Aaron Powell
Umbraco Ninja

http://www.aaron-powell.com | http://twitter.com/slace | Skype:
aaron.l.powell | MSN: aazzap@hotmail.com