From Michael Mitiaguin <mitiagu...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Actionable tasks : (LUCENENET-380) Evaluate Sharpen as a port tool
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 04:45:06 GMT
My understanding that actionable task was to try conversion tools   for
Lucene 2.9.2   Just wondering is a zip file name

3.0.2_JavaToCSharpConverter_AfterPostProcessing.zip

somehow related to Lucene Java 3.0.2  or just mere co-incidence ?  IMHO
very little point to try various tools for 2.9.2  because

1. 2.9.2 Lucene.Net has been already converted and about  to be released
2. Any big ports which follow existing pattern at least once will use
Java Lucene 3.0.2  onwards.   Any tool X which is  better than tool Y
for 2.9.2 , quite likely is better for 3.0.2 , but this is not a fact.

So  wouldn't it be more meaningful if people spend their time trying
converters for 3.0.2 ?

On 15/11/2010 2:39 PM, Alex Thompson (JIRA) wrote:
>       [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-380?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

> Alex Thompson updated LUCENENET-380:
> ------------------------------------

> Lucene.Net.Sharpen20101114.zip is a full run of 2.9.2 with all the output .cs including
the 5 files above.
> Sharpen seems to have a problem with "assert" so I ended up commenting out all asserts
just to get going. I also commented out a few other isolated lines that were stopping the
conversion. I included a patch file that shows all of this preprocessing.

>> Evaluate Sharpen as a port tool
>> -------------------------------
>>
>>                  Key: LUCENENET-380
>>              Project: Lucene.Net
>>           Issue Type: Task
>>             Reporter: George Aroush
>>          Attachments: 3.0.2_JavaToCSharpConverter_AfterPostProcessing.zip, 3.0.2_JavaToCSharpConverter_NoPostProcessing.zip,
IndexWriter.java, Lucene.Net.Sharpen20101104.zip, Lucene.Net.Sharpen20101114.zip, NIOFSDirectory.java,
QueryParser.java, TestBufferedIndexInput.java, TestDateFilter.java

>> This task is to evaluate Sharpen as a port tool for Lucene.Net.
>> The files to be evaluated are attached.  We need to run those files (which are off
Java Lucene 2.9.2) against Sharpen and compare the result against JLCA result.