From Michael Mitiaguin <mitiagu...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET Community Status
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 07:03:16 GMT
I am just curious , quite clearly JCLA ( because it is old  ) knows
nothing about new language constructs, what it does then with all that.

Lucene 3.0.2
The API was cleaned up to make use of Java 5's generics, varargs, enums, and
autoboxing. New users of Lucene are advised to use this version for new
developments, because it has a clean, type safe new API.

For any such unknown fragment is it emitted as is in Java  into the C#
output ?
In fact,  successful translation with certain tool  from 3.0.2 at the
same time solves a problem ( at least to some extent ) of making the
code more .Net friendly , as  finally it became possible to have C#
features which existed from the beginning ( or from 2005 when generics
in C# were introduced ).