From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Newbie
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2010 21:42:29 GMT
See the parameters of IndexWriter ("create").
If you already have an index containing docs it must be set to "false".

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Girard [mailto:wade.girard@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 2010 10:30 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Newbie

I am new to lucene. I purchased the Lucene in Action book and have been
using it as a guide for integrating lucene into my web site (www.
tikiwade.com).

I am having a problem where the exiting index is having all of its data
removed when I open the index and add new documents to it.

Basically I can successfully create the index at any time. But after I have
closed the index, when another process opens it up and tries to add 1 or
more documents to the index, the documents that were in the index are
removed, leaving just the newly indexed documents.

I can provide code if that would help to understand what I am doing.

Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks

Wade Girard
wade.girard@gmail.com