From Pavlo Zahozhenko <pavlozahozhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Serialization issue in Lucene.Net 2.9.2.1.
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 12:12:28 GMT
Hi, Lucene.Net hackers!

Today I've had an issue with Lucene.Net 2.9.2.1 (latest from svn): when
using ASP.Net session state server on Amazon's EC2 Windows x64 instance, the
session state failed to serialize because 2 Lucene.Net classes
(Lucene.Net.Analysis.TokenStream and Lucene.Net.Util.AttributeSource)
weren't marked as serializable. I've marked them as serializable, recompiled
Lucene.Net - and it worked just fine.

My question is: should I contribute a patch so that other developers don't
have to deal with it? I don't know Lucene.Net internals, so you'd probably
have to check whether this change won't have negative side effects; or some
of you may as well just do this change himself, as it's such a minor and
simple fix.

Note: we weren't able to reproduce this issue in 32-bit environment with
session state server running, so it must be x64-only issue, as weird as it
sounds.

Regards,

Pavlo Zahozhenko