From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Serialization issue in Lucene.Net 2.9.2.1.
Date Mon, 31 May 2010 15:29:43 GMT
Thanks Pavlo,

Can you create a JIRA issue for this and attach your patch?
It is a good place to keep the track of changes(when?,why?,how?)

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavlo Zahozhenko [mailto:pavlozahozhenko@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 3:12 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Serialization issue in Lucene.Net 2.9.2.1.

Hi, Lucene.Net hackers!

Today I've had an issue with Lucene.Net 2.9.2.1 (latest from svn): when
using ASP.Net session state server on Amazon's EC2 Windows x64 instance, the
session state failed to serialize because 2 Lucene.Net classes
(Lucene.Net.Analysis.TokenStream and Lucene.Net.Util.AttributeSource)
weren't marked as serializable. I've marked them as serializable, recompiled
Lucene.Net - and it worked just fine.

My question is: should I contribute a patch so that other developers don't
have to deal with it? I don't know Lucene.Net internals, so you'd probably
have to check whether this change won't have negative side effects; or some
of you may as well just do this change himself, as it's such a minor and
simple fix.

Note: we weren't able to reproduce this issue in 32-bit environment with
session state server running, so it must be x64-only issue, as weird as it
sounds.

Regards,

Pavlo Zahozhenko