From Michael Garski <mgar...@myspace-inc.com>
Subject RE: Retrieving Attributes
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 18:26:00 GMT
Andy,

FYI - I moved this thread to the user list as it applies to the use rather than development
of Lucene.Net.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Pook [mailto:andy.pook@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 2/26/2010 10:58 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Retrieving Attributes

I'd like to be able to access the collection/stream of Attributes in a
Field _after_ I've done a search.

The result of a search is a collection of Documents. A Document has
Fields. But I cannot see a simple way of getting at the Attributes of
each Field.

For example: The TypeAttribute has a default value of "word". We have
a custom Tokenizer that adds extra "tokens" with the TypeAttribute set
to "tag".
After a search is done, I'd like to be able to iterate over the
"tokens" in this field and do something with the "tag"s and ignore the
"word"s.

I hope this is more coherent :)

Thanks.