From Michael Garski <mgar...@myspace-inc.com>
Subject Contrib Section
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 02:48:50 GMT
I have a few items nearly ready for the contrib section.  Here's a list
of what I have that I can contribute at this time:

1)      FieldEnumerators : wrappers around TermEnum/TermDocs to provide
foreach syntax support, including those for numeric fields.

2)      TermVectorEnumerator : gives foreach syntax to allow for
enumerating over all of the term vectors in an index.

3)      BooleanFilter : combine multiple filters in various logical
combinations (port of Java contrib.)

4)      TermsFilter : creates a filter from several terms as a logical
OR; note: makes use of the FieldEnumerators when setting the doc set
bits (port of Java contrib)

5)      SegmentCache : a generic cache that works with the segment-level
searching in Lucene 2.9 to cache any data at the segment level in the
same manner as the field cache and  CachingWrapperFilter.  I've used it
for caching aggregate data on the documents in a segment for use in
diagnostics and for caching TermVectors.

Is there an accepted approach as to how to package these up other than
adding the standard Apache header?  They are currently in one project
with another project containing Visual Studio tests (I can convert to
NUnit if necessary).  I need to beef up the documentation comments on
these items a bit as well to cover usage and include a reference to the
original item if ported from Java.

Michael