From "Hans Merkl" ...@hmerkl.com>
Subject How hard would it be to implement an encrypted Directory class?
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:44:40 GMT
Hi,

I have to secure my index and I think an encrypted index would be best. I
saw this contribution
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-2228?page=com.atlassian.jira.pl
ugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel  for Java Lucene and I wonder how
hard it would be to implement something similar for Lucene.Net. I am willing
to spend some time on it but I don't have enough understanding of the code
base to determine if it's feasible to do.

It seems it should be possible with the use of the
System.Security.Cryptography namespace but I am not sure.

What do you think?