From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Search using another search result using Multiple indexes
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:31:10 GMT
Why don't you use just one index with fields
  fileid, filename, filetype, lastmodified, created, f1,f2,f3,f4,f5

then, you could write a query like +filetype:pdf +f5:1

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: Ranga [mailto:ranga@capdigisoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:13 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Search using another search result using Multiple indexes

Hi all,

I need the search using another search result. can anyone help me? My
scenario is

I have index1 with fields fileid, filename, filetype, lastmodified, created
etc.

I have index2 with fields fileid, f1,f2,f3,f4,f5 , where f1 - f5 all are
boolean fields and holds value 0/1.

Now I want to filter my search result for eg., filtype:pdf with all the
fileid having that holds 1 for the field f5.

How can I achieve this without filtering, since I m dealing with millions of
records and filter will loop through each and every hit.

Can anyone help me ASAP? Thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards

RANGA