From Michael Garski <mgar...@myspace-inc.com>
Subject RE: Question
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:13:44 GMT
Todd,

You'll need some way to extract the text from the PDF prior to indexing.  I'm not familiar
with any packages that can do that but I have heard of them.  You may want to try searching
the mailing list to see if there has been mention of one previously.  Lucid Imagination hosts
a great mailing list search tool at http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd McIndoo [mailto:tmcindoo@speedyscan.biz]
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 10:11 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Question

Sorry if this is duplicate

We are using Lucene.net of version 2.0.0.4. I am trying to search a document
which contains lots of PDFs. I want to search a document, which contains a
specific word, using Lucene.net. We are yielding results in text documents
but not in PDF. Is there something we have to do to be able to search in PDF

Documents. All ifilters have been installed on the computer so I do not
think that is the issue.

Regards,

SPEEDY SOLUTIONS

Todd McIndoo