From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2010 09:49:03 GMT
Ed - that's a reasonable critique, but the API is practically the same
between the Lucene.Net and Lucene Java.   There is a section
contributed by George in the upcoming 2nd edition of Lucene in Action
- it's short and says basically that.

But, rather than buy a commercial search engine, consider Solr!

I don't want to come here and steal any of Lucene.Net's thunder by
mentioning Solr, as no doubt Lucene.Net is the right fit for many
projects.   Solr, though, is so much more than just Lucene, providing
enterprisey features (replication, distributed search, facets, and
more) that just can't be trivially/naively built on top of any flavor
of Lucene.  And Solr is easy interfaced with .NET as a client.  Of
course the hurdle then is "does Solr, a Java-based app, fit into the
operations of your deployment environment?".  It's another technology
to add if the shop is purely .NET currently.  But then again, it
literally does run everywhere quite easily.

	Erik