From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of Lucene.Net 2.9.1
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 11:51:41 GMT

On Jan 5, 2010, at 12:15 AM, George Aroush wrote:

> As you know, the mailing list has moved over per:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-2361.  Btw, if you can answer my
> recent questions in that issue, that would be great!
>
> As for the code base move, yes, please go ahead and do so (I'm not clear on
> how to do it, so please share the steps).  I know this has to be planned,
> how about this coming Friday or over this weekend?

OK, how about a pencils down for the move tomorrow morning (Saturday, Jan. 8) at 7:30 AM EST?
 I will send a warning to the list and then send an all clear.  Nobody commit during that
time (I think all of the .NET committers are West Coast, so it shouldn't be a problem.

> Finally, as for the web page, can you give me some pointers?  Is the best
> place to get started is by reading: http://forrest.apache.org/ ?

Here's what I would do:
Download Forrest 0.8.
Copy the Lucene TLP site docs from: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/site/
Rework them for your site.  It's pretty easy, I doubt you will need much background.  See
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/TopLevelProject#Updating_the_Website or any of the other
project wikis for how to.
Check them into an appropriate place on your SVN tree.
Then edit the TLP site per: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/TopLevelProject#Updating_the_Website

> -- George

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/