From "xzxz@mail.ru" <x...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: Status of Lucene.Net 2.9.1
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:47:55 GMT
Digy wrote:
> While having a solution for known bugs, leaving them unfixed should not be an option.
> +1 for #1

+1

Andrei

> DIGY

Mike already completed the port in LUCENE-2190, thanks Mike!)

the list is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE/fixforversion/12314342

> I just completed examining the current list, and the associated patches, they are easy
to port over.  We should be able to get them done in less than a week.

> My concern is, if we only port over LUCENE-2190, then Lcuene.Net 2.9.1 is now Lucene.Net
2.9.1.1 (i.e.: not a 1-to-1 version match).  If we are going to port over fixes made to Lucene
Java 2.9.2, then we need to find out the release schedule for Lucene Java 2.9.2 which as far
as I know, there isn't one (see: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-dev/201001.mbox/%3c00b101ca8dbb$7be61f00$73b25d00$@net%3e).

> So, the way I see it, we have 3 options:
>
> 1) Port over Lucene Java 2.9.2 and tag it as such.
> 2) Port over LUCENE-2190 only and call this Lucene.Net 2.9.1.1.
> 3) Release Lucene.Net 2.9.1 as-is (do not port over LUCENE-2190, or anything else, just
bug fixes related to porting).

> My vote is for #1 (but I would like to see what folks on the Java side will say) followed
with #2.

> -- George

implementations, and will open an item and post a patch then.  If anyone else wants to take
a crack at it in the interim, go for it.