From Ben Martz <benma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 19:50:41 GMT
Todd,

I would definitely take Michael's advice to learn more about the
overall issue before you get too far.

A quick answer that may help is Windows does not ship with an iFilter
for PDF built-in. Installing Adobe Reader 8 or higher will install a
decent PDF iFilter.

I am a little surprised by your question though - I assume that you
have access to your own source code and could examine the result from
the iFilter that's being fed to the IndexWriter and compare the
behavior in the TXT case with the behavior in the PDF case?

Cheers,
Ben

Sent from my iPhone