From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Status of Lucene.Net 2.9.1
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 19:47:27 GMT
The NIOFSDirectory implementation is buggy + Lucene.Java doesn't recommend
it on Windows.
(http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_1/api/all/org/apache/lucene/store/NIOFSDi
rectory.html)

Until we have a good(not just bug-free) implementaion of NIOFSDirectory we
should replace it with a dummy (just throwing not-implemented-exception) one
as in v2.4.1

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: George Aroush [mailto:george@aroush.net]
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 3:32 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Status of Lucene.Net 2.9.1

Hi folks,

Happy New Year!

So what's the status of 2.9.1?  Are there any outstanding issues need to be
resolved?  Has folks been giving it a try?

We need to close this loose end loop and if there is no outstanding issues,
officially release Lucene.Net 2.9.1 so work can start on 3.0 and beyond.

My suggestion is, we announce it on the lucene-net-user@lucene.apache.org
list and then start the packaging process for an official release.  If I
hear no objection by 1/9/2010, I will start the process.

Regards,

-- George