From Michael Garski <mgar...@myspace-inc.com>
Subject RE: Port of Java Lucene 2.9 is under way
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 17:41:45 GMT
Luis,

What issue are you having with the IndexReader.Reopen() method?  We use it for the same reasons
you are and do not have any issues with it using the latest version in the trunk.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Fco. Ramirez Daza Gonzalez [mailto:luis.francisco.rdg@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:13 PM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org; lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Port of Java Lucene 2.9 is under way

Hi George

I just want to know the status of the 2.9 port.

I'm thinking of trying it because we are using 2.4 and I think we are
hitting a bug with the Reopen method.
I was looking for a solution and found a thread in the Java JIRA that says
the fix wont be ported back to 2.4, but I think it is solved in 2.9 in with
a patch:

The reopen function is very important for us because we update the index
very often, and right now we have to Close + Open each time we update the
index, and because we use custom sort field, we also need to warm up each
time we Close+Open, and all that seems to be solved with the Reopen.

Thanks

Best regards
Luis