From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: CLS Compliance and Compiler Warnings
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:17:59 GMT
We can clean those up, once we archive a port status such that we can port
patches over vs. a whole release.  This is because a whole release port
depends heavily on deltas between releases.  Thus, any extra code changes
will make a whole port harder.

-- George

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Nicholson [mailto:enicholson@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 11:24 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: CLS Compliance and Compiler Warnings

I apologize if this has been asked already, but is there any effort underway
or interest in getting Lucene.NET to compile as a CLS-Compliant assembly?
What about reducing or eliminating the compiler warnings? I know both of
these would make my build environment a little saner.  Looking at the code
it looks like there is not much involved in getting it to compile clean.  I
noticed a few things in particular:

* unused variables - warning
* protected internal fields with different case than a public property or
class - non-cls compliant
* public consts that start with underscore - non-cls compliant

Is there some reason the code needs to stay exactly the way it is (like
maintaining parity with the Java project)?  It seems like a pretty small
amount of work, I'd be happy to submit a patch if anyone thinks it would be
helpful.

Best Regards,
Eric Nicholson