From "Luis Fco. Ramirez Daza Gonzalez" <luisfc...@yahoo.com.mx>
Subject RE: Port of Java Lucene 2.9 is under way
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:55:15 GMT
Hi Michael

I'm not sure if I have latest version from the trunk. I'll check that right now.

The error is:
"Lucene.Net.Store.AlreadyClosedException: this Directory is closed
   at Lucene.Net.Store.Directory.EnsureOpen() in G:\Projects\Code\LN_2_4_0\src\LN\Store\Directory.cs:line
246
   at Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.List() in G:\Projects\Code\LN_2_4_0\src\LN\Store\FSDirectory.cs:line
389
   at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.FindSegmentsFile.Run() in G:\Projects\Code\LN_2_4_0\src\LN\Index\SegmentInfos.cs:line
623
   at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.ReadCurrentVersion(Directory directory) in G:\Projects\Code\LN_2_4_0\src\LN\Index\SegmentInfos.cs:line
476
   at Lucene.Net.Index.DirectoryIndexReader.IsCurrent() in G:\Projects\Code\LN_2_4_0\src\LN\Index\DirectoryIndexReader.cs:line
235
   at TextIndexLucene.TIdxLucene.TIdxL.IsCurrent() in G:\Projects\Code\TextIndexLucene\TxtIdxL.vb:line
3491
   at TextIndexLuceneTestBed.frmMain.DoSearch() in G:\Projects\Code\TextIndexLuceneTestBed\frmMain.vb:line
2201"

>From what I read from the post in the Lucene-Java and from debugging, the problem is that
the Directory/FSDirectory are being closed recursively, and it eventually closes all Directories
and resets all ref count to 0.
And as I undertand from the post is happens when you create the Reader/Searcher using a string
"NEW Reader("c:\indexfolder\")" and later you reopen the index using a Directory (FSDirectory
for example), it calls DecRef() recursively until it reaches 0. And later when I call IsCurrent()
it throws -AlreadyClosedException("this IndexReader is closed")- when EnsureOpen() is called
because the refCount is <=0.

I'll try to write a function to reproduce the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Saludos,
Luis