From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduation
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:44:15 GMT

On Sep 16, 2009, at 6:37 AM, George Aroush wrote:

> The key thing is making releases.  Since Lucene.Net was incubated,
> we had
> only 1 official release.

> Yes, I will put together an agenda for the next 3 months for us to
> work on
> (with the approval of the community).  I will do so later on tonight.

 From http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements:
"Podlings do not need to actually publish a release to demonstrate
that they understand how to accomplish such a feat. However, creating
a release that is approved by the incubator project management
committee is usually the simplest way to do this."

You've done 1 release, so you know how to do it.  The Lucene PMC knows
how to do releases.

Is your status file up to date?  Who are the mentors for .NET?
Perhaps you just need to ask on the IPMC.  I don't think this needs to
be some big drawn out thing.  Your going to be under the Lucene PMC,
not on your own.  I think being a subproject has a lower bar than
being a TLP.

In other words, 3 mos. is too long.   Let's put some floaters out
there to the incubator as a whole and see what people say.

-Grant