From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject Port of Java Lucene 2.9 is under way
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 02:32:04 GMT
Hi folks,

This is to let you know that I have begun the porting process of Java Lucene
2.9 to Lucene.Net.  I hope in few weeks (maybe even next week) to have an
early release checked-into SVN.

If you are following Java Lucene mailing list, you will know that 2.9 is
currently undergoing release as Release Candidate 4 and RC5 is expected (a
bug was found in RC4).  My port is based on RC3, but changes between Java
Lucene 2.9 RC3 and soon to come RC5 aren't major to side track my port.

With 2.9 release, we should be able to keep Java Lucene and Lucene.Net
releases very close; my hope is, any further ports should be an accumulation
of Java Lucene SVN commits ports vs. waiting for a new release to do a chunk
release.  I'm not sure if this goal can be achieved, but we will see.

Regards,

-- George