From "Andrew Psaltis" <apsal...@ideapivot.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Graduate Lucene.Net as a subproject under Apache Lucene
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 05:19:39 GMT
+1  Graduate Lucene.Net as a sub-project under Apache Lucene.

-----Original Message-----
From: George Aroush [mailto:george@aroush.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 6:49 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org;
lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Graduate Lucene.Net as a subproject under Apache Lucene

Hi Folks,

This vote calls to graduate the Lucene.Net project
(http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/) as a sub-project under Apache
Lucene.

Everyone in the Lucene.Net community is welcome to vote.  The goal is to see
no "-1" and all the committers must cast a "+1" before we can move on for a
final vote by the Apache IPMC.

The rationale for graduation is:

  * Lucene.Net has been under incubation since April 2006 (3 1/2 years now).

  * During incubation, Lucene.Net has:

    - Made, 1 official release
(Incubating-Apache-Lucene.Net-2.0-004-11Mar07).

    - Released, as SVN tag, 18 ports of Java Lucene (from 1.9 to 2.4.0).

    - Released, as SVN tag, port of WordNet.Net 2.0, SpellChecker.Net 2.0,
Snowball.Net 2.0, and Highlighter.Net 2.0.

    - Released, MSDN style documentation for the above release.

    - Accepted, two new committers: Isik YIGIT (DIGY) digydigy @ gmail.com
and Doug Sale dsale @ myspace-inc.com were added in November 2008 (George
Aroush george @ aroush.net is the original committer).

    - The community has grown, with a healthy followers.

    - Is being used by well established companies in production (I'm not
sure what's the legality to mention their names here, or even if I have the
complete list).

    - Is being used by Beagle project.

If this graduation is approved, Lucene.Net will be officially called "Apache
Lucene.Net"

Please cast your votes:

[ ]  +1  Graduate Lucene.Net as a sub-project under Apache Lucene.

[ ]   0  I don't care.

[ ]  -1  Lucene.Net is not ready to graduate as a sub-project under Apache
Lucene, because ...

This vote will close on September 21st, 2009.

Regards,

-- George

database 4432 (20090917) __________

http://www.eset.com