From Robert Jordan <robe...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Status/Todo (all in one place)
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:43:32 GMT
Robert Jordan wrote:
> When using Mono under Unix, calling FileStream.Flush() is sufficient
> because this method eventually calls fsync(2)..
>
> When using Mono under Windows, FileStream.Flush() will call
> the FlushFileBuffers() Win32 API.

Unfortunately, the code is actually commented out, so
Mono won't call fsync() or FlushFileBuffers() from FileStream.Flush.

I'll try to come up with a p/invoke solution which works under both
runtimes and operating systems, but first I want to know if
p/invoke is desirable for Lucene.Net because it only works under
full trust.

Robert