From "Ed Jones" <Edmund.Jo...@warc.com>
Subject Lucene.net tutorials
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:34:54 GMT
Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments but I've been following Lucene.net a number of
years now and bought Lucene in Action as a guide as I couldn't find
examples then. It's but to a non Java and non c# person it's really
heavy going and it's just simple things like include files which stops
the take-up. I was just wondering if there were any pre made examples
out there on the internet.

If not I'd be happy to put some together if I could get my head around
it, I do actually use Lucene.net on one of my web sites but when it
comes to integrating things like snowball.net I was at a loss so gave
up.

I just feel that helping out the development community as much as
possible with guidance and tutorials (step by step) would increase
take-up dramatically.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: George Aroush [mailto:george@aroush.net]
Sent: 18 August 2009 13:24
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Graduation

In addition to Ben's comment, you can buy "Lucene in Action" to get you
started.  The book is Java based, but as Ben pointed out, not only are
the
API's 1-to-1 ported, the entire logic is too.  Also, the test code is a
good
place to start if you are looking for examples of how to use a specific
feature.

-- George