From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: Graduation
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:24:56 GMT
I meant to write this for some time now, I will do so in few days post here
and on the Lucene.Net incubation web page.

-- George

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Martz [mailto:benmartz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:35 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Graduation

Since one of the graduation requirements is the community involvement and
active contributors, I did want to bring up one small issue again. It would
be very helpful if one of the current major contributors wouldn't mind
writing up a brief porting guide and posting it to the main project site
please. I would love to see a concise list of the tools used to accomplish
the port from java to C# and where they can be obtained (URLs, etc),
regardless of whether they are commercial or OS tools. I really want to
contribute more to help the main port and contribution ports come out faster
but I'm a little lost about how to start porting the code in a timely and
effective manner.

Cheers,
Ben