From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Status/Todo (all in one place)
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:04:40 GMT
No need for p/invoke for a non-existent bug. A simple FileStream.Flush()
would be enough, I think.
If someone reports a bug, then we can consider it again.

DIGY

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Robert Jordan
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:44 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Status/Todo (all in one place)

Robert Jordan wrote:
> When using Mono under Unix, calling FileStream.Flush() is sufficient
> because this method eventually calls fsync(2)..
>
> When using Mono under Windows, FileStream.Flush() will call
> the FlushFileBuffers() Win32 API.

Unfortunately, the code is actually commented out, so
Mono won't call fsync() or FlushFileBuffers() from FileStream.Flush.

I'll try to come up with a p/invoke solution which works under both
runtimes and operating systems, but first I want to know if
p/invoke is desirable for Lucene.Net because it only works under
full trust.

Robert